How to Enable ART (Android Runtime) On Asus Zenfone
Enable ART (Android Runtime) On Asus Zenfone – Android 4.4 KitKat bring something totally different and very unique, something that will make Android in the future as smartphones and tablet platforms coolest. Well, what’s new in Android KitKat? Maybe once we have written previously on post What’s New In Zenfone After Updates to Android 4.4 KitKat.
However on this occasion Asus Zenfone Blog will only discuss the new features in KitKat, namely ART (Android Runtime) which is the basis for the Android system running later.
What is ART (Android Runtime)?
ART is a new runtime on Android virtual machine that will replace the Dalvik VM fully. Dalvik VM as we know is a Virtual Machine which has been used by the Google since first Android came out to the market.
How to Enable Android Runtime
- Root Explorer (Download HERE)
- Install and Open Root Explorer
- Go to System folder, and then
- Find build.prop file (you can backup your original build.prop first by copy it to SD card)
- Open build.prop file with Text Editor (press build.prop file rather long, select Open With > Text Editor)
- Find line persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib = libvm.so and Replace libvm.so to libart.so
- Reboot Device (The First booting Takes 10-20 minutes so be patient)
This method we’ve tried on Asus Zenfone 4 and ZenFone 5, you should know some applications may not work well on ART runtime, you can check the list apikasi supports ART (Android Runtime) in www.androidruntime.com/list.