Asus Zenfone 6 Firmware V188.8.131.52 (Lollipop Upgrade)
Asus Zenfone 6 Lollipop Upgrade – ASUS has officially released the Android 5.0 Lollipop for Zenfone 6 (A600CG) software Image V184.108.40.206. Firmware update this time is the most awaited by Zenfone 6 users because this is the latest version of Android 5.0 Lollipop.
If you can not wait to try out Android 5.0 Lollipop on Zenfone 6 (T00G), at this time Asus Zenfone Blog will share an Android Lollipop update for Zenfone 6 (A600CG) and how to install it. On the previous occasions we have also been posted Zenfone 4 Lollipop Upgrade and Zenfone 5 Lollipop Upgrade.
The listed apps below will be removed once the Android 5.0 Lollipop upgrade.
- Battery widget
- PhotoFrame widget
- Google Text-To-Speech
- Movie Studio
- Cloud Print
- Magic Smoke Wallpapers
Some features are added or changed in this system upgrade
- SuperNote: change to link-downloading version
- Asuswebstorage: change to link-downloading version
- Remote Link: change to link-downloading version
- Lockscreen: remove standalone wallpaper & weather info (only for 1GB RAM device)
- Quick settings/Recent app layout change (only for 1GB RAM device)
- Dialer/Contacts: reduce tab count from 5 to 3; remove group tab name/photo; remove foreground service (only for 1GB RAM device)
- InCall screen: remove inCall animation & cover (only for 1GB RAM device)
- Fix the problem of losing some files after changing the folder name in File Manager
- Add KKBOX (link-downloading) (Taiwan only)
- Add Dr. eye (link-downloading) (Taiwan only)
- Add Zinio (link-downloading)
- Add PubuBookBuffet (link-downloading) (Taiwan only)
- Add eReadingNow (link-downloading) (Taiwan only)
- Add ASUS Game Center (link-downloading) (Taiwan only)
- Offer hot and highly qualified games picked by a team of gaming experts
- Offer event privileges and goodies of virtual treasures
- Support membership with ASUS, Facebook and Google+ accounts to log in
- Offer VIP services: 24/7 online customer service
- Support purchase history to overview for games downloaded from ASUS Game Center
* No longer support NTFS format SD card.
This upgrade will cause some problems of ASUS Contacts widget.
- Before upgrade, add 4*1 ASUS Contacts widget to Home; after upgrade, the ASUS Contacts widget will always show “loading”.
Solution: Remove old 4*1 ASUS Contacts widget and re-add new 4*1 ASUS Contacts widget to Home.
- After upgrade, the information in 4*3 ASUS Contacts widget will disappear.
Solution: Re-add information into 4*3 ASUS Contacts widget.
Please backup your SD card data before upgrade to Android 5.0 Lollipop with following steps:
- Connect your ZenFone and computer with USB cable
- Enter your ZenFone storage via computer
- Select all data and copy it. Paste all your SD card data to your computer
Steps of Update:
- Check software version of your device**
- Download device software and Update SOP (From “Manual” Item)
- Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, TW->TW.
- Software update cannot transfer the software SKU and downgrade the software version.
- Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only.
How to update the firmware on Asus Zenfone 6 (A600CG)
Note: Before upgrade to Android 5.0 Lollipop make sure you have updated firmware version V220.127.116.11 first.
Version WW_18.104.22.168 ( 746.47 MB )
Version TW_22.214.171.124 ( 748.97 MB )
Version CN_126.96.36.199 ( 665.09 MB )
Zenfone 6 Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware Download
|File Size||700.41 (MBytes)2015/05/31|
|File Size||693.32 (MBytes)2015/05/28|