[ROM] CyanogenMod 13 for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
CyanogenMod 13 for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
At this time Asus Zenfone Blog will are sharing CM13 custom ROM for ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE551KL and ZE601KL) to you. Yet we don’t recommend to use this as your daily driver as it is in its alpha stage with several bugs and maybe cause random problems but it’s a huge steps to further development. But if you want to try CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM on your Zenfone 2 Laser then we will be providing a full guide on How to Install CM13 on Zenfone 2 below.
Before we share it Custom ROM to you, first we want to say thanks to LuK1337 on XDA forum who has made a ROM CyanogenMod 13 for ZenFone 2 Laser and share with us. Immediately following download link and How to Install CyanogenMod 13 on Zenfone 2 Laser, follow the tutorial below properly and do not let anyone missed steps.
Supported Devices :
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE551KL
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE601KL
What’s working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Camera ( Videos And Photos )
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
What’s not working :
- Speakers don’t work on ZE601KL model
- Audio might be too low/high in some cases
- SELinux is permissive
How to Install CyanogenMod 13 in ZenFone 2
- Intel USB Drivers for Android (Download HERE)
- ADB Fastboot Tool (Download HERE)
- And some more, which will be mentioned below
- Your ZenFone 2 Laser must be unlock bootloader, steps are there for unlocking (Tutorial HERE)
- After unlocking, install TWRP Recovery on your ZenFone 2 Laser (Tutorial HERE)
- Download Unofficial CyanogenMod 13 for ZenFone 2 Laser (Download HERE)
(Note: see the file version to know the latest version)
- Download the Google Apps addon package (Download HERE)
- After downloading both zip, place both cm-13.0-20160306-UNOFFICIAL-Z00T.zip and Gapps.zip in your MicroSD
- Now power off, Once it is off, hold down the volume up button and hold on to the power button until the phone vibrates. After the vibration stops, release the power button and continue pressing the volume up button until the green Android robot appears. You should see a blue line below saying “Waiting Fastboot command“, Now here click vol down till you see Recovery mode in top big rectangle box, click power button.
- It will enter TWRP, first take the backup of ur current OS (tick everything), so you can restore if u want to use stock at some point (even the apps will be there, but if you kept the obb, data in internal, it will be wiped,so better copy android folder to PC).
- Now click wipe,click advanced wipe, select everything except the microsd (be careful), if you want to keep the internal files, then untick internal storage also.
- Click the install, choose externalSD, search for those zip,and install cm-13.0-20160306-UNOFFICIAL-Z00T.zip, then install Gapps.zip and then reboot your ZenFone 2 Laser.
- Enjoy the CyanogenMod 13 ROM in Asus ZenFone 2 Laser.
DWYOR! This tutorial void your warranty