Marshmallow Update for ASUS ZenFone Max ZC550KL
ASUS ZenFone Max getting Marshmallow Update – ASUS has been rolled out Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL, taking the software version to 22.214.171.124. The update will remove ASUS Messenger, ASUS Mail, ASUS Calendar, Google Setting, and Google+. This Marshmallow software update for the ZenFone Max is an over-the-air one and was pushed out by ASUS on June 8.
Not only does the software update bring the smartphone from Lollipop to Marshmallow, but the ASUS ZenFone Max ZC550KL also bring in several features like Doze, Now on Tap, Google Calender, Google Messenger, Dr. Boot, Runtime Permissions and Google Now on Tap to the device.
If the FOTA update hasn’t reached you yet and you really can’t wait, you can follow the instructions for a manual update and download links in bellow.
Before upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow make sure backup your data and update to the latest Lollipop firmware V126.96.36.199. You can flash it via ADB with firmware V188.8.131.52 (Download HERE)
- Software update to Android 6.0 Mashmallow. Internal storage will decrease slightly after update, suggest to back up data and relocate media file (pictures & video clip) to SD card to reserve enough storage before starting the software update.
- Android Marshmallow won’t support APP2SD. Please move apps to internal storage before system upgrades.
- Multi-user function won’t be supported if the account is deleted. Please keep your account to continue usage.
- The apps listed below will no longer be pre-loaded once your device has been upgraded to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
- Omlet Chat
- Data Transfer
- Photo Frame
- ASUS Backup
- Dr. Safety
- What’s Next
- Party Link
- Remote Link
- PC Link
- Yahoo Shopping
- EZ Ding
- Puffin Browser
- Google settings (Integrated in ASUS Settings)
Add new features and new apps
- Google Calendar
- Google Messenger
- Dr. Booster
- ASUS Email
- ASUS Calendar
- ASUS Messaging will no longer be pre-loaded in this version. You can use Gmail, Google Calendar & Google Messenger provides corresponding services
Please backup your SDcard data before upgrade to Marshmallow with following steps:
- Connect your ZenFone and computer with USB cable
- Enter your ZenFone storage via computer
- Select all data and copy it. Paste all your SD card data to your computer
Steps of Update:
- Check software version of your device**
- Download device software and Update SOP (From “Manual” Item)
- Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, TW->TW.
- Software update cannot transfer the software SKU and downgrade the software version.
- Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow to ASUS ZenFone Max ZC550KL
Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow for ZenFone Max
|File Size||1.46 GB Full Firmware|
|Download from||Marshmallow Firmware|