How to Root Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL/ZE552KL and Install TWRP
How to Root Asus Zenfone 3 – Asus Zenfone 3 announced on 2016, May. Out of the box, it comes with Android OS, V6.0.1 (Marshmallow). In terms of chipset, Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL uses Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU and Adreno 506 GPU. Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL uses 16 MP, f/2.0, laser/phase detection autofocus, OIS (4-axis), dual-LED flash as primary rear camera. Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL uses Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. Asus claimed that Zenfone 3 ZE552KL battery will get you through the day with moderate usage.
At this time Asus Zenfone Blog will are sharing How to root Zenfone 3 and Install TWRP to you. If you want to root Zenfone 3 or install TWRP you need to follow all the steps carefully, and you have to download some files like ADB Fastboot Tool, TWRP image, SuperSU for Zenfone 3.
This tutorial will wipe/delete your data, so backup first before you do this tutorial. DWYOR (Do it with your own risks). Your Zenfone 3 will not under warranty anymore if you do this tutorial.
- ADB Fastboot Tool (Download HERE)
- TWRP image file (Download HERE)
- dot.supersu (Download HERE)
- SuperSU (Download HERE)
Guide to Root Asus Zenfone 3 and Install TWRP
- Download all files needed above.
- Install ADB Fastboot Tool to your PC/Laptop
- Your Zenfone 3 must be has unlocked bootloader (Tutorial HERE).
- Enable Developer Option and USB Debugging (Tutorial HERE).
- Connect your Zenfone 3 with laptop/PC via USB cable.
- At TWRP folder press Shift+Right Click ->Open Command Here.
- At Command Promt type :
- adb devices (enter)
- adb reboot bootloader (enter) -> then Zenfone 3 will enter fastboot mode.
- If you have entered into fastboot mode, flash TWRP by typing :
- fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-Z017D.img – for ZE520KL
- fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-Z012D.img – for ZE552KL
- Then type fastboot reboot reboot and press volume up and choose recovery.
- Enter TWRP choose Keep Read Only.
- Go to Advanced > ADB Sideload > Swipe to Start ADB Sideload.
- Connect Zenfone 3 to PC/Laptop then open command prompt again then type adb devicesif it connected then type adb push dot.supersu/data/.supersu
- Then flash SuperSu.zip by typing adb sideload superSU.zip
- Wait until finish, then Reboot system.
That is all about Guide to Root Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL/ZE552KL and install TWRP recovery. If you have any question regarding How to Root Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL and ZE552KL, let us know in the comment section below.